Ohhh yes it’s time to talk about one of my favourite natural hair product ranges, none other than Auntie Jackie’s Curls & Coils Hair products. I found this line umm i’d say about 8/9 months ago & ohh am I ever so grateful.
First of all based on the ingredients, packaging etc I would make a very big assumption that the hairline is aimed at Natural hair ladies but I’m sure it can be used on most hair types. Secondly the smell, oh wow the smell of every single product is just scrumdididelicious. My favourite smell of all is the Hydrating Silkening Hair Milk, the marshmallow roots smell so cute & yesss I know it’s not possible for a scent to be cute but trust me the smell is just adorable.
(Disclosure: There are affiliate links included within this post.)
1. The Defining Curl Whip. Filled with hydrating & moisturising ingredients like Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Flaxseed & Mango Juice the DCW is nothing but amazing. I tend to use it mostly when I want to give my hair some chill time (after washing & air drying). I apply a small amount from root to end & plait my hair in medium sized plaits or twists, depending on my energy level, this is something I do on a chill day or if I’m going to sleep. For your extra curl defined hair-do’s I would recommend using with the Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel. The combination holds curls in quite well & doesn’t leave any white residue.
2. Next we have the Multi-purpose Hair Oil, *sighhhh* I just love it, I really do. The oil isn’t heavy on the scalp, you know some hair oils you can clearly see on your forehead & sideburns, wipe it off & cream your hands with it & what not well this Hair oil is far from that which I’m ever so happy about. Again the product is enriched with Shea Butter & Flaxseed as well as Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed & Ginseng. This product is essentially nourishing for your hair, body, face, hands & nails leaving you moisturised & smelling gooooood!.
3. My favourite my favourite myyyy favourite the Hydrating Silkening Milk, I use this daily not only in my hair but in AJ’s as well, just to give it some quick moisture. Made up with Avocado, Flaxseed, Coconut milk & Marshmallow root. The hydrating silkening milk leaves your hair well nourished, moisturised & once again smelling gorgeous. (Don’t know if you’ve realised yet but I love hair products that give your hair a juicy smell).
The silkening milk is one of my favourites it comes with me everywhere I go, certified handbag product.
4. Right so out of all the products can you believe this is actually the one I use the least, don’t get me wrong the Oh So Clean Moisturising Shampoo is a great product & it does exactly what it says on the bottle but I genuinely prefer the Co-wash shampoo to the actual shampoo. I think it does the same great job but the co-wash has more nurturing products within the bottle. Enriched with Shea Butter & Olive Oil the shampoo most definitely leaves your hair feeling soft & manageable.
5. The Instant Detangling Therapy does exactly what the bottle says detangling natural hair as well as knotted weaves. Queen of all the products this detangling serum does absolute wonders, allowing you to finger comb or brush your hair with great ease. Filled with Shea Butter & Olive oil this product is moisturising, nourishing & absolutely amazing.
6. I kid you not, The Curls & Coils Co-wash Shampoo is something else, I use it more than I wish I did. Compared to the other products, I’ve had to replace the bottle at least 5 times once May. I just love it, leaves my hair soft & manageable without losing its ooomph! Enriched with Flaxseeds, Avocado, Coconut & Apple Cider Vinegar it’s nothing but pure natural greatness.
7. The Elongating Curling Gel oh wow, if you struggle with finding a gel that will hold your natural hair real slick, than look no further this is the one. Honestly my hair struggles when it comes to Gel, it usually just sits on my hair & adds like a weird extra frizz but this one does wonders, I sometimes have to mix a small amount with some EcoStyler to give it that extra hold but all in all the Gel is worth buying. Side note: Also great for; Twists, Flat twists, China bumps & any other curl enhancing style you wish to wear.
This is not a sponsoring post, it’s just my opinion & review on an underrated product line. I hope you enjoyed it.
Peace + Love